Friday, October 11, 2013

My 5 favorite songs: Number 5

Music is a form of art, but as an art it is often neglected in Church. Many Christians believe music should only be used to evangelize, that is not true according to Scripture. King David used songs as prayers of anguish, plead and joy. Paul tells us to speak to one another in songs (Ephesians 5:19). Jesus sang with his disciples (Matthew 26:30). To God, music is more than just a tool for evangelizing, music is a mode of communication. We pray in songs, we contemplate in songs and we speak in songs.

Starting with this post, I'll share my five personal favorite songs that touched my life spiritually. These are songs that are reflective, haunting and spiritually engaging.

Let me know whether you think I have good taste ;)

5. 'Revelator' by Josh Garrels


Josh Garrels is one of the many alternatives for those who are fed up with cliché-ridden contemporary worship songs. This song is from the 2011 album 'Love & War & The Sea In Between'. Here, Garrels beautifully renders the visions of apostle John into a haunting melody.

You can visit Josh’s website on joshgarrels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment